SAMIC Continuing Education
All classes are FREE* and held in the HSHS St. John's EMS/ED classroom.
*There is a card and book fee for ACLS and PALS, unless you have a current text.
Everyone is welcome to attend. For questions and to RSVP (if possible) call EMS Educator Al Lewin
at (217) 757-6815 or email him.
Fall 2016/Winter 2017
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:00 p.m. Fire Ground Rehab Operations
- Sat/Sun January 14-15 8:00 a.m. PALS Course **
- Tuesday, January 24 7:00 p.m. CPR Refresher Class**
- Monday, February 6 7:00 p.m. Peer Support, CISM education
- Wednesday. February 22 6:00 p.m. ACLS Refresher Class*
- Monday. March 6 7:00 p.m. Scene Size-up and Safety
- Wednesday March 15 8:00 a.m. Jump Start Triage Instructor Course
- Sat/Sun March 25-26 8:00 a.m. PHTLS Class**
- Friday. March 31 6:00 p.m. Farm Medic *Off-site TBA **
- Saturday. April 1 8:00 a.m. Farm Medic *Off-site TBA **
- Monday. April 3 7:00 p.m. EMS Dignitary Protection
- Tuesday. April 25 7:00 p.m. CPR Refresher Class *
- Tuesday. May 9 7:00 p.m. Peds Emergencies
- May 21 - 27 EMS Week
- Tuesday. May 23 6:00 p.m. PALS Refresher Class*
* Denotes St. John’s EMS/ED Classroom, times listed above. Please RSVP 757-6815 or e-mail Al Lewin
so enough materials are available. Thank you.
** Denotes a course where a course fee does apply, otherwise, all classes including ACLS, PALS are free, unless you need to order a textbook, which is required for those courses.
SAMIC can provide any related EMS Basic Course concepts: ex (patient assessment, anatomy, airway)
LegalitiesWell-Being, Stress Management, CISMDifficult AirwayPeds, Concepts of Pre-Hospital Emergency CareScene Size-Up and Safety, BSIInfectious DiseasesEKG, 12-Lead EKG, CapnographyDocumentation Pharmacology, MedicationsRespiratory Emergencies Cardiac Emergencies, STEMI Stroke Awareness and TreatmentAltered Mental Status (ALOC)
Poisons, Overdose, Allergic ReactionsMultiple System Trauma AssessmentHead, Chest, Spine Injuries Abdominal InjuriesBehavioral and Psychiatric EmergenciesBleeding, Bandaging, Fractures and Splinting Practical ApplicationBurnsEnvironmental EmergenciesOB/GYNGeriatric PatientsIncident Command OperationsEmergency Vehicle DrivingHelicopter Operations and Landing ZonesHazards Materials Awareness ClassMultiple Patient IncidentsVehicle Extrication
Farm Safety and Rescue EMSRole in TerrorismWorking at a Crime SceneCoroner, Death InvestigationsCPR Healthcare Provider, AHAACLS – AHAPALS - AHAPHTLSSports InjuriesBasic Fire Fighter Operations and EMS, including Self-Contained Breathing ApparatusBLS and ALS Protocols
State Basic Testing SchedulesState Paramedic Testing Schedules