The Pediatric Rehabilitation specialists at St. John’s Children’s Hospital understand each child is wonderfully different. These professionals create fun and engaging treatment plans to ensure each child reaches his or her full potential.
Our therapists provide both inpatient and outpatient care in our child-friendly environment specially equipped with kid-sized therapy equipment. They work closely with physicians and use the latest techniques and approaches to help children achieve their therapy goals.
A physician’s order (referral) is needed before a child can receive pediatric rehabilitation services. Once we receive the order we can schedule an evaluation and develop a specialized treatment plan.
Pediatric physical therapists help children move and walk better by improving gross motor skills. These specialists use a range of hands-on techniques and activities to help children reach their full potential.
- Electrical stimulation
- Serial casting
- Aquatic therapy services
- Evaluations for adaptive equipment including walkers, standers, gait trainers and custom wheelchairs
Pediatric occupational therapists use hands-on techniques to promote independence with self-care, motor skills and participation in daily activities. Occupational therapists work with children with many different diagnoses, including autism and cerebral palsy.
- Sensory processing therapy
- Serial casting
- Evaluations for adaptive equipment, including bathing and toileting equipment and custom wheelchairs
Children with feeding, swallowing or speech-language impairments can benefit from the therapy provided by our certified speech therapists.
To learn more, call (217) 544-6464, ext, 30200.
- Feeding issues including those related to prematurity or breastfeeding
- Language disorders including autism, auditory and language processing deficits
- Treatment for vocal cord dysfunction
- Oral and verbal apraxia Assistive technology for communication
- Children with complex medical histories