Prairie Patient Instructions
- To verify registration information, you will be contacted by the hospital before your scheduled test or procedure, or you may register online.
- In addition, you may be contacted by the hospital regarding pre-admission testing.
- On the day of your test or procedure enter Prairie Heart Institute off Mason Street. Valet parking is available between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, or you may park in the Mason Street Ramp.
- Pre-Access (Admitting) staff members will confirm insurance information. If appropriate, they will ask you to sign papers related to consent to treatment and insurance billing. Please bring your insurance card and a photo ID.
- If you have a living will or power of attorney, please bring that with you as well.
- Leave all valuables at home or with a family member. Please dress in comfortable clothing and shoes.
- If you have special needs related to a disability, hearing disorder or if you need an interpreter, please call (217) 544-6464, ext. 45000 before you come to the hospital.
- Once registration is complete, you will be directed to the department for your test.
- If you have any questions, please call the Pre-Access (Admitting) Department at (217) 535-3797.